You can exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter with the note “Personal Data Protection” to the following address: DUON Dystrybucja Sp. z o.o. ul. Batorowska 15, Wysogotowo, 62-081 Przeźmierowo
We always thoroughly verify all requests or objections in accordance with applicable data protection provisions. We would like to inform you that these rights are not absolute, as the provisions allow them not to be taken into account in certain situations that are presented in this notice.
Right of access by the data subject
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed;
- How long we intend to store your personal data for;
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source;
- What rights are applicable to you.
Moreover, you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data undergoing processing.
The copy will be provided to you:
- Free of charge – subject to a burdensome and regular copy requests, then we can charge a reasonable fee;
- Without undue delay, at the latest within one month of the application – due to the complex nature of the request or the number of requests, we can extend the deadline for another two months, but we will inform you about such extension within one month of receiving the request.
Right to rectification
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information we hold is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Incorrect data is data that does not correspond to the factual state of things, i.e. false data. The correctness of the data is assessed from the perspective of the data subject.
Incomplete data is, in fact, correct, but not complete, partial.
Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by DUON Dystrybucja Sp. z o. o. at any time, where one of the following grounds apply:
- Your data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- You effectively object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- Your data have been unlawfully processed;
- Your data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
Note: you will not be able to exercise your right to erasure when:
- Processing is based on applicable law;
- The processing results from a relationship with the concluded contract;
- Personal data is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that DUON Dystrybucja Sp. z o. o. restricts the process of your personal data where one of the following applies:
- You contest the accuracy of your personal data – for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where the processing is:
- Based on consent pursuant or on a contract; and
- Carried out by automated means.
You also have the right to have your data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible.
However, remember that:
- The exercise of the right to data portability shall be without prejudice to other rights;
- The right to data portability shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others;
- In response to a request for data transfer, we are not responsible for the processing of this data either by the data subject or by the controller to whom the data is transferred.
Right to object
Right to object to data processing
You have the right to object at any time – for reasons related to your particular situation – to the processing of your data, if the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of the Controller.
As a result of the objection, we will stop processing your personal data, unless we prove the existence of valid, legally justified grounds for processing, overriding your interests, rights and freedoms or grounds for establishing, pursuing claims or defending against claims.
If your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. You do not have to show reasons related to your particular situation.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling
As a data subject, you have the right not to be subject to a decision that:
- Is based solely on automated processing, including profiling,
- It has legal effects on you or significantly affects you.
Making decisions based solely on automated data processing is permissible if the decision meets at least one of three conditions:
- Is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between you and us,
- Is allowed by law,
- Is based on your explicit consent.
Note: Decisions taken with the participation of a person (i.e. when a person has a direct influence on the decision) are not subject to the provisions described above.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority:
If you consider DUON Dystrybucja Sp. z o. o. to process your personal data in an incorrect way, please contact our Customer Service or Data Protection Officer.
You also have the right to raise a complaint to a supervisory authority. All necessary information can be found on the supervisory authority website at www.uodo.gov.pl